hi-slip Hydrophilic Catheters (Intermittent)
Why you should choose hi-slip:
- Clinical studies show that hydrophilic catheters can reduce the risk of urinary tract infections and urethral damage.
- Hydrophilic catheters have a specially coated surface that binds water, making the catheters extremely slippery (hi-slip) when water is added. No lubricating gel is needed.
- Hydrophilic catheter usage is associated with reduced numbers of UTI's as compared with standard non-hydrophilic catheters.
What is Clean Intermittent Catheterisation (CIC):
CIC is the draining of the bladder of urine at regular intervals using a catheter in order:
- To prevent leaking and dribbling of urine
- To prevent repeated bladder and kidney infections
- To prevent reflux (backflow) of urine from the bladder to the kidneys
For patients with urinary retention, CIC is the best solution.
The frequency of CIC varies. Your Doctor, Nurse or a Flaxx Medical Nurse Specialist will determine the frequency of catheterisation suitable for you.